Copy the folder 'windowspager' (or 'windowspager64bit') to a place of your choice. Administrator rights
are not necessary. Configuration:
4 virtual desktops will be created. To change this, change the values 'rows' and 'columns' in the file 'windowspager.ini'.
You can also change the keyboard shortcuts, trayicon support, etc in this file.Run:
Add a symbolic link to the autostart folder for automatic start during Windows startup.Usage:
*Switch to another desktop:
- left single-click on the wanted "preview-desktop" inside the pager window or...
- use the keyboard shortcut 'Control-Win-NumpadNumber' (NumLock must be active) or ...
- go to the left/right desktop with 'Control-Win-(Left/Right)-Arrow key'
*Move a window from one desktop to another:
- left click on a mini-window for a short time until the cursor changed to a hand, now drag the mini-window
from one preview-desktop to another or...
- use the windows menu (right click on window title or tasklist button) and select a "Move to ..." item or...
- press 'Control-Win-Alt-(Left/Right)-Arrow key' to move the active window to the left/right(/above/below) desktop or...
- press 'Control-Win-Alt-Numpad Key', to move the active window to a certain desktop
*Set a window always visible:
- select "Always visible" from the window menu
*Set a window "On top" of all other windows
- Select "Keep on top" from the window menu *Drag 'n drop between desktops:
with the object selected (text file for example), hold the mouse for a short amount of time
over a preview-desktop
to switch to this desktop. You can not drop it directly to
the pager window.
new feature is to move a window to an other desktop and switch to this
desktop automatically. To do this you must press the Control key during
the use of the "Move to desktop x" menu.
o not all programs will work:
- CMD Window (DOS window): This window is very special. The right click window menu do not work
and no mini window support.
- Skype: it is working but without manager support
- Internet Explorer 7: working but mini window is not updated on resize/move, IE8 works perfect
o programms running with a different user account (admin) will not work
o if an application is not working - let me know.
o disable tray icons can get some programms working
I recommend to disable "Animate windows when minimizing and
maximizing" and "Slide taskbar buttons" in the Performance Settings of
Windows (My Computer->Right click->Advanced